Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Yes - I know - I need to say something...sigh.

So - I've been thinking about how Paul Cain prophesied the 'spirit of Islam and communism coming together - being headquartered in Europe' - and the fact that both Iran and North Korea are actively pursuing nuclear weapons (and hate 'the West').

When do we actually start to proclaim TO the Eastern seaboard that there is imminent nuclear holocaust? I always picture that extra in the movie with the sandwich board that says 'the end is near' when I think about this.

Once I finish teaching my class (Thursday...I'm teaching NT Survey for the first time to a faithful 4 students in the night watch APP) I'm going to begin to search out the implications of Paul's prophecy in light of the above. Hopefully I can get an interview with Tony Snow of Condi to help out with my research.

Stay posted.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking as someone on the east coast....this thought has been popping up quite often. Especially since a bunch of friends and I have just began the Encountering Jesus CDs. But I'm not willing to ditch RI just yet! Keep praying for the East Coast!

Anonymous said...

Speaking from NJ (right outside NYC), I think about this all the time, especially since 9/11. Often when I travel through the Lincoln tunnel I think of another imminent attack, or when I walk the streets of the city and look at the countless empty faces, I wonder who amongst the crowd knows Jesus. I wonder how many millions would be bound for hell if killed in an attack, and how many need to hear the gospel and repent.

It's a daunting task to even know how to start proclaiming "the end is near". Especially when there are more people waiting at an intersection for the cabs to pass by than I have in my small group of friends. Daunting.

Sarah said...

Quite interesting. I didn't remember that prophecy. Is there a likely "European headquarters" in the making right now? I'm (marginally) familiar with the situations in Iran and North Korea, but not aware of a connection through Europe at this point. Just curious.
As for when to begin direct proclamations in that regard...I don't know.

Kyle said...

in the first CD of the prophetic history Mike talks about Bob's Jone's encounter with the angels including a prophetic prediction related to a third world war and 'limited nuclear exchange' on the east coast of the United States.

heavy stuff.