Thursday, February 15, 2007

Writer's Unite!

Announcing the birth of RE:Vision - a writer's group committed to support crafting and improving our skill at communicating through all forms of written media.

It's time to get it together and start getting serious about things like: query letters, book proposals, stanzas, line breaks...and semicolons.

My proposal: We meet Fridays at 9PM at Higher Grounds (we can find another place to meet weekly if we want).

So, first meeting - next Friday the 23rd at 9PM at Higher Grounds.

Feel free to bring copies of something you want us to read and comment on - including prose, poetry, essays - etc. We'll have an assignment for the next week and go from there.

Feel free to bring a friend (though we'll cut it off at about 12 people).

Please, serious writers only. We really want to take time and energy together to craft our writing, get creative and support each other related to getting published and engaging with the larger literary community around us in whatever way we are called.

Email me or post a comment if you know for sure you will be there.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm in! except, Higher grounds is such a lame place for this meeting, can we do it at the Borgeooss pig in lawrence? j/k but seriously...what about the rostere in brookside?

Kyle said...

we'll discuss our locale with whoever shows up next week.

Anonymous said...

I think it's a great idea and I'd love to do it... after I graduate. :} I won't be able to jump on for another couple of months yet...

Anonymous said...

Look at me leaving a comment... Impressed?

Yes, I'm in. I think I'll drag along some work I've done for FSM. It needs some airing out.

Kyle said...

wow alison, i thought you were from mississippi!

Anonymous said...

I want to come! But, boo-hoo - Friday at 9 doesn't work for my schedule...if for some reason the time ever changes, let me know! Love ya.