Thursday, March 01, 2007

Why I don't "Wordcast" More Often:

Been thinking about this the past few days, and I can come up with a few reasons.

1) Don't have internet at home...nuff said.

2) Don't usually go online when I'm in the prayer room. Not that there is anything implicitly wrong with writing a wordcast on a little 'break' - but I'm just usually 'unwired'.

3) By far the most significant reason: I don't think out loud. Really - I don't formulate thoughts (for the most part) while I'm writing them - but before I write them. It usually takes me 3-4 days to formulate what I want to post on the next time.

This, unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), means less posts for you read - but my hope is that the quality if higher. I'm not prolific (ask Jared Diehl for a definition).

Side note - I'm thinking about an idea for a book:
working title = American Pharisee (or how meekness has become an un-American activity).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'd love to read your book...i admire people who think for a few days before they respond. i am married to one. i, sadly, respond quickly, thinking for 20 min. before i respond seems like an eternity to me...
anita h.
p.s. feeling like you have more to say but feeling like you are done is called wisdom!

Anonymous said...

Sign me up for 100 copies of your book.

Anonymous said...

Well i would rather wait for one good point from the mind of Kyle that has stirred around in your profound brain for a few days than have to shift to useless words...

We need more people who are 'long thinkers' - and i wish i had that trait!

Unknown said...

Again, everyone likes me so I guess that is why they put me in their blogs-you are right, I think out loud and while blogging about five to ten subjects at the same time- Forrester said, 'don't think just write.' Plus I have only been writing for 2 months and ryming that spoken word stuff..I priferate, deliberate, redact and react, long comments so the world will love me

Christine said...

Intriguing idea for a book. :)

Another reason to add to your list: You call it a wordcast. It's just so awkward to say. "I was wordcasting." "I wordcasted again." So... don't do it, and you don't have to go through the awkwardness of saying it.

Some energy that might go towards writing blogs is wasted on the extra 4 letters in typing and extra syllable in saying wordcast. In essense, it takes twice the effort to wordcast over blogging.

Anonymous said...

Wow, i feel just the oposite prolific but sadly lacking in profundity from time to time. Being an auditory learner I frequently do not know how I feel about a subject until I talk it out or write it down and read it back. The book idea sounds great though!